Welcome to Tea Time!

Thank you for stopping by my place for some tea. During tea time I like to chat about any old thing on my mind... So pull up a chair, place your napkin across your lap, take a sip from your cup (but be careful, it might be hot) and feel free to join in.

I'm pleased that you are here.

Friday, December 24, 2010

eating salsa on Christmas Eve

First off...

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

...

...

...

and then...

IT WAS HURTFUL!!!

And as the rest of the story goes, i am of mexican heritage, NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH CULTURE, with my maternal grandmother being mexican and my maternal grandfather being half mexican and half irish. these grandparents of mine have 18 grandchildren including myself. now, as it turns out, i am the darkest. it's true, my grandpa called me his, "indian (referring to east indian) princes" only once or twice of course... actually the nick name "juicy" was the one that stuck, as in "juicy, jennifer lopez." but that's for another blog.

anyway, i am a brown person lost in a sea of white cousins with brown, light brown and blond hair. the boys have red and red tinted beards, with and assortment of brown, blue, green and hazel eyes. SOME of them have embraced their mexican heritage and culture, surprising unsuspecting people with their knowledge of "mexican" spanish and  ALL of them, excluding myself, with a love mexican cooking, possibly also my youngest brother... but that's neither here nor there...

the point is that i am often mistaken for many things, mexican, east indian, indian indian, various parts of asian, and so on but one thing is for sure...

AT THE VERY HEART OF IT ALL;

i am nothing but a white girl from michigan in a VERY attractive mexican girl's clothing...

Till next time,
Tea Time.

2 comments:

  1. Then we be sisters. I've got a post up tomorrow, you'll love.

    Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to meet you too... and i cant wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete